A New Mantis?!

Hi there guys! Its Cleo. Im sorry i haven’t posted in a while but i have some big news. Now it’ll only be a short post but we got a new mantis called the ghost mantis. We got this mantis because we are having issues with the spider arriving so Mummy got it so i could name it! Ive named it Zina. I will tell you more about her soon. I hope you are all having a good time!

By Cleo

A Wolf’s Love for Bones!

Today I did some stop motion, like I do every Thursday. This one is about a wolf who guards his treasure, a bone, within a treasure chest while he sleeps. But an evil man (Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who) comes and steals the bone. Enjoy, and sorry, you won’t be able to eat a whole packet of Mini Cheddars as it isn’t very long!!

In history, we are watching a programme called How We Used To Live 1936 – 1953. We made notes while we watched the programme then I researched some interesting facts about 6th May 1937, the Hindenburg Disaster.

Mum made us cheese scones. I don’t like cheese scones though.

I have recently noticed, Mum has a groovy Chewbacca pencil case. I am definitely, totally, completely not going to steal it. Snigger!

I am coping better with percentages, I am also starting to use pie charts.

See you tomorrow, Caspian.

Thursday

I’m not a outdoorsy person so i’m not doing big Thursday today anyway. My mum said Miss Dale sent a big Thursday time table or something like that. Today i’m going to ride my horse with my sister Charlotte. Right now I have done Maths and English. In Maths I did fractions like for example subtracting, adding, dividing and multiplying. For English I did planing for my story called message in a bottle. It’s quite fun. I also have done my project work today I was doing a mind map about the Nazis and Hitler. Yesterday I was doing the Morse code. I sent a few texts in it. That is my day nearly done bye. By Orla

Hi everyone esmae here. I done a stop motion video of me and my dog Lily using play doh. But when I uploded it nothing happened.  It took ages😔😔 I have been doing maths today timetables and division  also adjectives and reading

Mrs Madden’s Big Thursday Whittling 2

I have discovered that the branches from my fallen tree are not quite as green as I had thought and the wood is hard and difficult to whittle.  As a consequence of this, I have cracked the handle on my pen knife.  I have ordered another one but I don’t know when it will arrive.

If you are planning on doing some whittling, please do not be tempted to cut branches from living trees at this time of year.  The trees are just waking up from their winter sleep and the sap inside them is rising which means that if you cut them now the sap would keep pouring out of them and they could die.  The safe time to cut branches from living trees is winter when they are dormant (sleeping).

However, I have managed to do a bit of whittling.  I drew around my template and started to cut away the wood around my spoon.  This is as far as I have got. 

Big Thursday shaddow art and tall tower

Today I started with my shaddow art which I loved! I got some dinosaurs and trees from my box and my mum got a lamp to shine behind them which made a shaddow in the paper, I drew round the shaddowsvto get my picture then coloured it in, this was a lot of fun and will do it again, maybe with a tractor! Freddy my dog liked to watch

After lunch we made a big high tower right to the ceiling! That was a lot of fun too, we are going to see if we can keep it until daddy comes home