FIRST -AID KIT.

We learnt how to use first-aid.  In a first aid kit you should have scissors, safety pins, a cold compress, plasters, triangle bandages, roller bandages, adhesive tape, a torch, tweezers, gauze pads, well marked waterproof box, antiseptic wipes, and disposable gloves. We also learnt about unconscious people and how to help them become conscious again. The way we found out mostly was the recovery position. Here is a picture of our poster.

By  DAKOTA, ESMAE, CASPIAN

the first week back at school

On Monday we done wack up shack up then we done spelling workout 

after  snack time we done spelling quiz                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

School Day

Today we had Miss Dale for our teacher. In the morning we did spelling workout. We play spelling games with our partner. Then we read our history books; we have to read another five chapters by Monday. Then we read our book for about fifteen minutes. We also made a verb wee book.

After break we did maths. We have Miss Stapleton for that. My group went on Sumdog first. After that we had to do a subtract decimal sheet.

Then after lunch we did a reading box card. Then we started our four seasons report. After that we did some work on our planets and space. Then to finish the day we did our planet model.

By Orla and Dakota

my learning

hi it is Sarah! on Monday when we came back we had to go curling.  My feet were sore and cold. we did games and slid the curling rock thing. It got stuck on ice a lot and people slid back a lot it was fun. We went back to school and got an hour of play time and we went home. We did the solar system I was done first. Hi everybody its Cleo now! I will be talking about learning today. SO lets get started! So as Sarah said we have been doing curling and it was a tone of fun to me! We had to have a plastic bag on one of our feet to make us slide. The ice was very slippy and as cold as a freezer but slipping on the ice and the cold breeze from the ice felt like I was going down and icy icicle path. I was hoping we would stay for a while  longer but we had to go back to school.

By Sarah! AND Cleo!

curling

last Monday p6 went to the ice bowl to learn a little bit of curling we went from after break to  2:30 when we got there we got put in groups and did warn ups in our group then we leaned so e easy moves we started by using tow stones and did running side and push side. my favorite was the running side   then we did the run with a arrow  after that we had lunch  we  did games and then we when  back to school

by james

curling with p6’s

P6’s went curling  on the first day back. We got on the buss at 11:00 and arrived there for average of 11:30.Wen we first got there we got told to go and take a seat and place our bags/ pack lunches. After that we were pout into groups with numbers my number was 6. I was in a group with only one person in my group from our school and 3 boys and 2 girls including me. Then we started first thing we done was practise curling .But after lunch we were just playing games first 2,3 not games and then we played 2games. Not’s and crosses with bean bags and jenga. then we got are bags and went back on the buss.

what we have learned about first aid

We have learned that someone who is  unconscious normally does not know what is going on. A person might become unconscious from bleeding, fainting or heart attack. I have learned how to put somebody in the recovery position. I have learned how to put a bandage on someone. We used a triangular bandage to make a sling. We have learned how to prepare for  emergencies. We have learned how to take a pulse. We have learned that emergencies can be anything like broken bones or fainting.

By Molly and Alexa