Life in a Castle

In a gigantic castle , in Africa  lived a King and a Prince. They woke up one morning and wondered how they got there. In the corner they saw a time machine . Was that how they got there? They decided to look outside.  . There was a red and black jeep. Was that how they got there? They went back in and have breakfast. They had toast made on the fire and warm tea. After that they the prince got ready for school.  At school he did his lessons  . Then he went home, did some jobs and went to bed to think about how he got there…..

By Daniel, Kye and Findlay.

holy wood new Lanark trip

on Friday the whole school went on a trip to new Lanark are group went to Robert Owens school we had to line up into two lines first we had a boy line and a girl line then we had to walk to the benches without saying a word if you said a word the teacher would shout at you telling you to shut up and sit down and do your work and don’t talk again do you understand boy. after school we went on a ride it was 12 minuets long it was a ride about a little girls life she worked in a factory makeing cotton she was only seven years old she would get breakfast there she got porridge for breakfast then she worked till lunch time at the end of the ride she  died at a very young age she was 9 when she died. the we had lunch after we had lunch we had a play after we had are play we went to the gift shop I got a packet of mints and a bracelet it was 3 pound in total then we got back on the bus back to school we got back to school at 4.45. then we went home.

Holywood History Learning

Hello Its Cleo. Today I will be talking about everything I have learnt about Victorian times and knights and everything like that. First ill talk about armor. The oldest armor is about 3,000 years old. There’s two armors I know and that’s chain mail and chest armor I’m sure. We do still have armor today we just don’t really use it. There is about seven or six parts to a horses armor. Now ill be talking about Victorian schools and what they were like back then. What you would do is go into the school and the would hear a bell and you would head into class and the teacher would ask you to stand in a line. You have to call the teacher sir and I didn’t like that bit about my experience. The teachers are very stricked and very loud. Anyways when your in a line he will tell you to march facing the front then face the left, face the back, face the right and face the front again. If you don’t do it good enough you will be asked to do it again. The girls and the boys are separated. Boys in one line and girls in another. Also the boys and girls have to sit on separate. We would have lack boards instead of paper or white boards or anything we use now a days in school. Well that’s all for today people!

Bye! By Cleo!

history

we went on three history trips newlanerk, elasland and carlavreck castle they where very fun  at newlanerk was very fun we went to the school first we got in and the bell rang then we got in the classroom and got into our boy and girl lines and if someone was bad they would go on the girl or boy lines then we sat down and started writing the alphabet two times then we write the date on the top of our black boards then  we got a quiz  of the world I got every  one write then we got a quiz about birds it was a we bit tricky  and then we saw the crockledile after we started dancing then we left  after we got to go on a ride called the Annie mcloud ride it tolled you all her then we went to the shop  I got three rocks for fifty  pence

by Olivia

what it was like in a Vectoring time

On Friday the 20th of September the  whole school went to new Lanark for the day. the school was split into 2 groups p1/3 and p4/7 p4/7 went to a victoring styled school so we went up the stairs to the teacher ringing a bell saying “GOOD MORNING STUDENTS.” really loud. When we were up the all the stairs we got into two lines girls and boys and did a marching exercise for about 2 minutes the went and sat down . with our feet flat down arms crossed and facing the front and we were not allowed to talk at all then we had to write the date which was the 20th September 1820 and the we wrote our names . Then he gave us an alphabet sheet between 2 and we had to write it out I got the full alphabet in caps then I got to I in the other type but then we had to rub it all out and we did a math quiz which was really easy I got all 5 right then we did history we basically had to say how we would get to one country to another. Then this was probably the weirdest part they brought a live crocodile in (it was fake but once they did bring a live one in in vectoring time) but he just gave us a couple of fact about it then we went into 2 lines and did the marching exercise again then we had to do a little dance which I found quite easy but sadly that was the last but I really loved the school part more than anything.

by Dakota