Wallace Hall Academy!

Last week two of my friends and me went to Wallace Hall Academy for three days! We got a chance to meet all of the other S1’s and all of the teachers for the academy.

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I took the bus up and down. I was really nervous for the bus, but it was alright. The bus back down is my favorite bus to take. Its much quieter and I get a chance to sit with my friends.

On Tuesday, we had to go to the Bailey Hall first of all. We had to sit in our houses. At Wallace Hall there are three houses; Nith, Scaur and Cairn. I am in Nith. After that, we got our time tables and headed to class.

My first class was Drama with Mrs. Griffin. I like drama. It has been one of my favorite classes we have been to so far. We played lots of games. We played a game called Robbers where you have a partner and one of you sits on a chair and the other stands behind your chair. The person in the chair is the Robber. The person behind the chair is a cop. One person starts of without a partner, and they have to call one of the robbers names. Once the robbers name is called; the robber has to try and get to that persons chair as fast as possible. If the cop taps you on the shoulder, then you sit back down.

In English we had to interview the person sitting beside us. My partner was called Charlie. We had to find out as much as we could about them. We asked each other lots of questions. Just to confuse you; there are 2 Charlie’s in my class. And their last name is practically the same. So yep… That happened

I enjoyed the days that I was at Wallace Hall. I’m not worried about going after the holidays. (I got lost and we had to ask the S6’s for help) but yeah!| The classes are fun and I have made some new friends.

By Kaylan