Galloway Activity Centre

On Wednesday the 2nd of May, primary 5-7 went to Galloway Activity Centre at Lock Ken. Everyone was really excited and couldn’t wait to get there. When we arrived we hauled our luggage to our rooms and had a look around our rooms. Paul slept in the room with Hayden, Gavin and Euan. Ebony and Kaylan slept in a room with Georgia, Merissa and Mrs Queen.

Laser quest was the first activity we did. It was awesome!!! We had really good teams and it was awesome!

After Laser tag we did the slip and slide and we were introduced to wet suits. They were a nightmare to get on! Here is what some people thought of wetsuits:

Paul- When they are soaking wet they are so hard to get on but when they are dry they are easy to get on. I don’t think they keep you warm at all!

Ebony- They are really hard to get into and when they are dry they are quite easy to get on and the waterproof jumper/coats were easy to get on but hard to take of.

Kaylan- They are really hard to get on! They are really easy to get of though. On the first day they kept you warm but on the second day they didn’t.

Georgia- They were horrible and sticky.

Kye-They are tight and annoying to put on.

Dylan-They were ok to get on.

Greg-They were really horrible.

Dakota- They were so hard to get on and I didn’t like them.

Merissa- they were wet and hard to get on.

Miss Stapleton-I didn’t really mind them.

The slip and slide was very very fun! One side was faster and the other was slower. There was a lot of rocks under the slide and they hurt sometimes. But otherwise it was really fun! The next day we did water sports in the morning. Paul was with Euan, Kaylan was with Georgia and Ebony was with Miss Stapleton. You needed to put on a wetsuit to go paddle boarding and then you waded into the loch and got on the board. After paddling sitting down for a while we were allowed to try standing up. It was not that hard but it was a little hard. Then we went on the giant paddle board with Liam (our instructor) and he was singing pirates of the Caribbean. Then Sonny fell in and everyone started jumping in. Then it was sailing and Paul was with Ryan and Sonny, Kaylan was with Euan and Georgia and Ebony was with Mrs Queen and Lewis. Kaylans boat kept nearly tipping! We also did the climbing wall and archery. Paul, Sonny and Hayden all made it to the top of the climbing wall and did the zip line down.  others abseiled. Archery was really good to. On the 3rd day we did the swing again. It was 9 metres high and you have to pull the rope to swing down at the top. The only way we can describe it is being like on a rollercoaster and when you drooped you left all your organs at the top of the swing. Kaylan said it was her favourite activity and she said it was awesome. The bubble football turned into bubble war and people were rolling everywhere in their ball. We got filthy. We also did laser tag again and it was just as fun as the first time.

By Paul, Ebony and Kaylan

Loch ken!!!!

We were at loch ken from Wednesday the 2nd to Friday the 4th. The first thing we did was laser quest was get our guns (not real guns just very low powered laser guns  )we all ran out to a small woods and hid from the other team(the blue team was dominating aka my team).  we had a instructor called Liam give us the lasers and hat that when shot turned red for a few seconds if you got hit 10 time you were out.

by Euan and Georgia 🙂

LOCH KEN!!!

On Wednesday we the p5 to 7 went to Loch ken for 2 nights and 3 days the first thing we did was laser tag it was amazing we shooting like mad red team was loosening all the rounds blue was wining all the game it was a good activity then we went to the slippery slide it was fun but the wit suits wore hard to put on and get of but it was worth it then we had dinner then the 3D swing it’s the biggest in Scotland!!!

by Lewis

Galloway Activity Centre

P5-7 went on residential and it was our first overnight trip. We were excited and a little nervous. Charlie thought the food was brilliant but Jack thought it was not that good – neither of them liked the chips, Mrs Dawson’s are better. The beds were lumpy and scratchy but the activities were brilliant. This what Charlie thought the lazer tag was fun but the swing was beter . This is what I thought THE about the trip the swing was brilliant.   

Loch Ken

At Loch Ken we did a whole range of activity’s such as wobble boarding, laser tag, slip’n’slide, bubble foot ball, archery, 3D swing, climbing wall,loch.

I liked archery I managed to him the target and even in the middle and laser tag I liked to snipe people in the head ha ha ha  I killed so meany people it was fun the 3D swing was scary for me it was

By Ryan

Galloway Activity Centre

A lochken the first thing we did was getting our room sorted !! But the first Activity was laser tag , in laser tag we got into two teams blue and red most of the time we were in the red team . Some people got to swap teams . The other thing we did was the water slide in the water slide there was a newt that when we got of to get changed , some people didn’t  . The next day we went to the loch we struggled a lot  to get on our wet suits , the wet suits were soaking . first on the sailing I did not like the sailing but Dakota loved it , the other water sports we were doing was paddle boarding , when we went on the huge paddle board and me , Dakota , jack and Charlie started crying but jack got of with miss queen.

lock ken

lock ken 3 days in me and Sonny where on the bus to lock ken we put our bags in the cabin the after a we bit we done the water slide for an hour something like that. Then we   got dried then we

GAC

On Wednesday P5 to 7 were at GAC. On the Wednesday morning we have CPR training then we went to GAC at 11am. For water sports we got split into 2 groups 1 group were paddle boarding and the other half went sailing. We started on sailing but I thought the sailing was boring. The paddle boards was so fun the only people that were in the water at the end was Dylan, Gavin, Greg and Mr durum we were all diving in the loch at -9 degree. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. All the activity’s were Climbing wall, Archery,Lazar tag, Water slide, 3G swing, Bubble football,     By Gavin and Dylan

Loch Ken

At loch ken we did paddle boarding, it was fun. We fell in to the loch it was freezing. Me and Hayden fell in we stood on for 3 seconds and that was it. Miss Stapleton laughed (*.*)

my favrout activate was laser  quest.     by Kye