learning at Holywood.

The past 2 weeks we have be doing:

In writing we are doing a personal project on a place in history  some people are going for dinosaurs, history of Ireland, Ancient Egypt, Vietnam war and some people are doing fashion. In science we were trying to make a magnet out of a nail 2 wires  and a battery but the nail had zinc on it so it didn’t work at all and next we are doing it again but with different metal nails this time.

GALA DAY

gala day I am new to gala day my group is doing a puppet show and this is the curators and how is playing them and Georgia is Triangle Kaylan is Sailor and I am Meow Meow Georgia is Cloud swale and we are maybe doing  pompom animals it is goanna be fun I wonder what offer groups are doing I am ikcited I can not wheat any longer and we are not doing the water slide this year if my group are goanna practise a lot it will be hard bit we will do it and no body can stop us because we are going to have fun trying and we are going to do are best we just need to make the script this is gonna have fun we are making the puppets out of socks it will be for the little ones but the big ones can whach the puppet show if they want well what is the end .

BY ERIN

gala day

Its my last gala at Holywood me and my friend Gavin are doing find the boogay man. It where me or Gavin dress in a gillay soot and people have to find us. Its real a wocking bosh the army have it. The rules are your timed and they have to turn a round and if they peek they are the losers. The person that finds me the fasted gets a medal its one pound to play we really hope we Mack a lot of money.

by Hayden

learning at Holywood school

On big Thursday we where doing outdoor learning with miss mctyre it was about mapping the school then it was p.e whit miss Stapleton we here doing hokey not the game hokey just training then art miss patty we here making 3d grading.

learning at Holywood

At Holywood we have had no internet for the past two weeks but now it is back the past to weeks we have bean doing electrical circuits when we were working on it Paul, Sony and Ryan popped three bulbs with six volts it was funny it is Wednesday and Friday with Mr walker

By Gavin

Big Thursday

On  big Thursday it is miss McIntyre teaches outdoor learning , miss Stapleton teaches P.E. , Mr walker music and miss patia teaches art an my favorite is art and outdoor learning because for outdoor learning you tray to not get wet but you do and I like art because I am the best at in the school.

Circuits

We have bean doing electricity with Mr walker last Wednesday I put 6 volts in to a small bulb Mr walker said that was ok but I had blown the bulb so I went to take it out and it smashed when I was taken it out it  hurt a tiny little bit but I was fine. Mr walker said I had to get a plaster on it even though it was a tiny cut I needed to get a plaster because it was cut by glass(I said in my head why do I need a plaster)

by paul

Gala day is coming up…!

“What is gala day?” Gala day is a festival that helps the school raise money for itself and all pupils must help with it and there is lots of stalls that we run, and family and friend can come too!

“When is gala day?” We try to fit it in on a Friday somewhere near 4 o’clock.

“How much money we are trying to raise?” Last year we got about £600, and are trying to get more than last year.

“How many gala days have the children organised?” We (The children) Have organised last year and are going to do the same.

preparing gala day

last weak we got into our gala day groups . we started to plan our stations that we are doing . my group is , me , Dakota , orla , katlayn and Olivia . we are doing what’s inside the balloon and ice cream stall , for the ice cream stall we are using strawberry and vanilla ice cream. for the what’s inside the balloon , you have to guess what’s inside the balloon we might put flour , slime and beads inside the balloon !

what do you think ?

by Merissa

Gala Day.

we have got gala day coming up soon and on Friday we had to pick groups of our own and we had to pick some activates and stalls we were not allowed to do the things we done last year we had to think about what would make a lot of money for fundraising for the school because we did not make a lot of money on the things we did last year.

By Ebony