Homework

This morning we talked about homework and made a PMI chart (plus, minus, interesting) about it. We found that positives and negatives were about equal but there was some interesting responses from some people. Lots of people had different opinions about homework.

Me: I think homework is good. I would like it if the teachers were more strict about it.

Greg: I would like it if the teachers were more strict about not doing your homework.

Jack: Its boring and I think that you are just wasting your time by doing it.

Some people talked about how they felt when they had finished their homework and when they had to do it. Some people with older siblings that are in high school said that they got a lot more homework there and that the teachers were very strict when you didn’t do it. They said their older brothers/sisters did the homework so they didn’t get a detention or get put in the isolation room. They also said they did it so that they would get a good grade.

Most of the positives were about moving your learning forward and about parents seeing what you are able to do, whereas the minuses were about things like not spending time with family, after school clubs and other important things and having to do more work after almost six hours at school!

By Kaylan