The Homework Debate

Today in class we discussed homework. Pupils completed a PMI chart on the subject of Homework. They put down the plus points, the minus points and asked and Interesting questions about homework.

Most pupils know that homework allows them to share learning with home, improves their skills and moves learning forward.

Most pupils felt that they spend a long time working in school.

We discussed the difference between homework at primary and secondary. Some pupils with older siblings told us that that homework gets done because of the consequences  – pupils with de-merits for not doing homework miss out on school trips!

Funnily enough, the pupils who complete homework thought this was a good idea. The pupils who do not complete homework did not like the idea.

Two of our pupils informed us that their older siblings don’t do the homework or cheat.

Is this really moving learning forward?

Let us know your views!

P.M.I Home work

Plus Minus Interesting (P.M.I) of home work

P –  It gets you smart  It helps you.  You will be very intelligent.

M –  Its a waste of you time. Its not important. Parents shouldn’t punish you to do home work.

I –  Why do we do homework?   What s the Point of doing home work?   Why don’t we have a choice to do home work?

homework

Home work is for school and if you have a club on you can’t do the homework.

Your parent could see your work and the teacher could see what you could do and it could move your learning forward and that means that you can get a better job.

But if you have clubs  that means that you can only do a wee bit of the home work.

If you do not do your Homework you would not get a very good Job .

by Jack

Homework at Holywood

Today we talked about homework and what we need to change with a pmi bored and we talked to each other about how it is different to high school and how it changes people and homework from some to a lot of homework. We learned about demerits and merits and punishments from not doing homework.  There is not a lot of people do homework at Holywood (in p5 to p7).

+But need to do are homework because it will help you get a job and a house

by Euan p6 + Greg p6

home work

this morning we did a PMI board about home work  me  Merissa Ebony Lewis Ethan and jack. all of us  said that working help you move forward Dakota said that homework  can help your learning , Merissa said I like home work because it levels up your learning . Ebony said  I want homework  because I love it. negatives about homework

Dakota said that if you have a club that is most of the night how will you do your homework ? Merissa said if your mum or dad takes you shopping but your shopping for ages you cant really do your home work.

by Merissa and Dakota

HomeWork at Holywood

At Holywood we do a thing where we do math homework we have a sheet with 20 games or sums to do and sumdog we have to hand are homework in. or you  do not get reward time  you have to stay inside and you will be really board  and nothing to do except sitting at the office and doing nothing 30 minutes  sitting and it is fun when you do the math’s  work but!! sometimes it is really boring

We don’t like homework so much

LESS HOMEWORK FOR US!!! We don’t like homework cause… It takes up family time. And

Lets face it. Its boring. There could be more important things on at the same time of the homework.

Questions bout’ homework: Do people at secondary get to much strain cause of homework? Should people get punished for not doing homework at primary? NOOOOooo! Who likes homework? (About 70% of the world does not like homework. PLUS’s of homework: its good for your brain and gets you a good for jobs makes your life easier. But People already have 5 Hours of school work all day and only 2 days a week

off But 5 days of school a week.

By Lewis D and Charlie K

home work

Home work is boring work is for school and Saturday and Sunday is our days off it is just a waste of time. Why do we do homework when we can spend time with our family and pets. I don’t like it when I get made to do it by my mum.

By Kye and Gavin

Homework

Homework lets you move forward in your learning and get better grads in maths and writing it also builds up to secondary school. I Don’t do it because I have other priorities such as gymnastics, guitar and I am  joining rugby.

I don’t think we should do demerit because school trips also move your learning forward.

Homework

Homework we all know what it is. Most people think it is a bad thing. but some people think it is good.to day  I will be telling you about the good stuff. Homework is there for a resin. Most of the time it Is to let you finish your work that you are doing at school. And some times it is so parents can see how you are improving in class. I think that is a good thing. what do you fink would happen is there was no home work at all. what if you had the decision  to ban home work , would you do it ? now some thing negative some people do not do there homework and get punished .some times you just do not want to do it so. and have to stay in from class there is some reasons that home work is a good thing

by Georgia