Professor John Brown

Last week Professor John Brown came to Holywood school; he was talking about space. It was really good. He does magic! He was an Astronomer Royal. I learnd lots of stuff, but the best one was that there are over 1 billon stars.

By Kye

Professor Brown!!!

At Holywood we got a visit from Professor Brown and we started with a bit of magic. He had a magic book and nothing was on the book and then there was space pictures and then there was gone. Then there was a copper pole and a bit of metal and a cup. Professor Brown put the metal in the copper tube then it went really slow because there was a magnet. This was to demonstrate gravity.

by Greg

Professor John Brown!!!

On Friday Professor John Brown came to our school to tell us some facts about space and magic. We learned  there are more stars in the world than they are grains of sand! And all about the stars/planets there are in our galaxy. He also showed us magic tricks-  like a book that would colour itself in.

The question I asked him was ”when do you think  we will be able to send people to live on other planets?”

He said “It will be a long time before we will be able to do that. It is all about  money maybe in 20 or 30 years.”

By Georgia

Professor John Brown

Last Friday, we had a professor come in and he was teaching us about space. It was really interesting. He had his Power Point up to show us what was in space.

He ran us through the Power Point and in the middle of the Power Point he took questions.

My question was: If you had to pick a favourite  planet what would it be and why?

Jupiter was his favourite planet because it is the king of planets.

By Ebony

Professor John Brown

On Friday the 26th of January professor john brown came to talk to p5-7 . We learned about the solar system and space . I found out that there might be aliens in space but no one knows . Stars in space are actually really quite MASSIVE but they look tiny from earth . Professor john brown also told us about how a solar eclipse works .

The best thing I thought was his magic book that he made by himself . Basically, he went through the pages and there was nothing there then he closed it then opened and there was pictures of objects in space then it got really cool because the photos were in colour .

My question was: what was the most exciting thing you have seen in astronomy?

But he had too many things . The class got a picture with him and we all got a moon calendar showing when the moon will be full and when it will be covered by clouds . On the back of the calendars we could get his autograph .

He said he felt like a rock star and he had never been that popular before. I really enjoyed it and his Power point on all the stars .

by Isla

Professor John Brown

On the 26th of January Astronomer Royal Professor John Brown came to school! He told us a lot of different facts about the solar system and about space and the stars.

My favourite parts were when he did magic. His magic was amazing. He had a magic colouring book and there was nothing in it, then he tapped it and there was pictures in it and then he closed it again blew on it and it was full of colour!!! Then at the end of the trick he blew on it and all the pictures and all the colours were gone!!! I also liked it when he showed us the Selfie picture on Mars with the robot that could take pictures and videos. I thought that it was quite interesting. At the end people got his autograph and we got a school photo with him. I asked him a question. It was : What is the most amazing thing you have seen in space? He said the northern lights.

John Brown

john brown tot us about the solar system and he shod us sum magic tricks it was fun the thirst  trike he showed us is cold the loop hold he got a ring and string he tide the string to the hoop and he pooled the string down and the string kame off the next trick he shoed was cold the magic book ther was nofen in it but wen he opend the book ther was picures then he shut it and he poend it and the Picher were collard in  after fat he gaf us a shet it was telind us what the moons wher gona be  after fat he shoed us fome pichers of the younefers fat is all

by Erin thomsen

meeting John Brown

meeting John Brown was exciting because learning about space is cool learning the galaxy good because you look up there more to see in are world more on are planet. John Brown was showing us photos of the earth and I spot something flying on top on the earth I think it is a UFO… it maybe not but who knows

by Lewis Douglas

professor John Brown

On Friday the 26th of January professor John Brown came to Holywood primary school and he did a few magic tricks. And he tout us a we bit about the stars and the sky and him and his wife made a magic book

By Gavin