Learning At Holywood

In Primary 5-7 we have been learning about WW2. We made model planes to represent the Messerschmitt (German fighter plane) and the Spitfire. We also made backgrounds for them by getting some A3 paper and using oil pastels to recreate the view of the ground from the planes and we have hung the planes above the oil pastel drawings. We are also hopefully going to be doing the ration challenge. My group will be making toad in the hole.

We have started a new thing that we do on Monday mornings. It is called a reading and writing carousel (I think). There are 4 groups; Blogging, Reading, Newspapers and reading box card. On the reading box card you have to complete the whole card in 15 minutes and it is the same with everything else. On the newspaper you have to read the newspaper and then write 5 questions for someone. On blogging you blog and on reading there are 4 books called Blitz, The boy in the striped pyjamas, The last kids on earth and Adolphus Tips. I am reading the boy in the striped pyjamas and I am on page 101.

On big Thursday last week we went up the woods with Miss Stapleton and took pictures, then we came back and wrote poems about the woods and what we could touch, hear and smell. We then got hot chocolate and marshmallows! With Mr Walker we did cricket in P.E. With Mrs McIntyre we did pop art in art and with Ann we did music. Ann is our new music teacher and she is very good.

By Kaylan