ISLAM !!!

We are doing a religious topic on Islam as well as a gurney map of Mecca-Hajj is the journey muslims must under take once in their life time.

Shahabad ,Salah ,Zakah ,Sawm and Hajj are all five pillars of Islam.

Shahabad is the pillar for the statement for Islam.

Salah is the pillar for the five prayers a day the first prayer is at sun rise and the last is at sun set.

Zakah is the third pillar and stands for giving 2.5% of their savings to charity.

Sawm is the pillar for Ramadam and means 30 days with no food or water during the day.

our New Books !!!

We have got a important task to do.  Our task is to reed our  new books to chapter 3 then we got a book with tasks seat we only had to do task seat 1 . are new books are called roll dal and Casper the prince of cats

By

Dakota Georgia

Math s

I love doing math s with Miss Stapleton. We do half and adds multiplication  and division and tables. Like the 8 times  table  and 4, 9,2, and 7.

cane you work owt these question

8 times 12

7 times 6

by Hayden

today at Holywood

Today    at     holywood      primary     school        we      were      doing     a     blog     and     a     new     helper

from      high    school     came.      It     snowed     at     lunch      time      and     after      lunch      it     was

very      sunny.

I     will    tell     you    about     the     crazy      youtube        video      we     were     studing.    It    was     called

death     VS     Santa     claws     death     was    the    baddy.     Santa    was    the     goody     of     coarse!

Santa     went     flying     by    death    was    watching     him      he     was    going     to     knock     a

large      gift     off     the     sleigh…

I     am     not     telling     you     the    end.     You     will     have     to     watch     it!!

by     Charlie

Learning at Holywood school this week

This week were doing Islamic style Tiles and we were drawing for our Tiles and I done a repeating pattern and we are Then were going to  music we Wach  a music film and there were lots of Drums   and was lode  and then it was maths. We were doing division was doing division the all the others were doing the same as me

and the names Thomas , jack ,Ethan ,Charlie, Greg we doing division.

By  jack

maths

Today at maths we did fractions. We used tally charts I was in the travel group we had to go around asking people how do you get     to school the options are car van walk bike and more it was so much fun I loved it.

by Ethan.

Journey To Mecca [Hajj]

This week at school we were learn stuff about Islam like there is 1.5 billion Muslims in the world that’s about 10% of all humans on earth! We are currently working on Islamic tiles with patterns. Also we had the five pillars of Islam like Hajj were you do the journey to mecca which a Muslim has to-do once in there lifetime the have to around the Ka-Ba 7 times [the Ka-Ba is the place that Muhammad was born Allah gods messenger] after you do that you have to go from one side of a hill to another 7 times after that you have go were Muhammad last message was delivered. Once you have done that you have to go to a place that signify the bad habits and you throw pebbles. Also when you pray where ever you are you have to face Mecca

By zak P7

this week at Holywood

this week at Holywood we have been doing loads of fun stuff . We got a new reading book on Monday called bitter chocolate which we had to read 3 chapters for Wednesday . Then on Tuesday we had some music with Mr Dewar which was really fun . And then on Wednesday we had lets get sporty we had 5 activities which were ladders ,  jumping in hoops , zig zaging cones  and getting from one side of the hall to the other side with 2 shapes and not touching the floor.We aso did some Islamic art as part of our topic which was to create a pattern to go on a tile. Today is Thursday we have business groups and at the moment we are making paper out of scrap paper . And we also had some French in which we learning about colours.

by Isla

ART

On the 11/1/17 we had art one of my favourite subjects. We had to make Islamic tiles and we had to build out from the centre out and I found it fabulous. And you had to use patterns that repeat in the four boxes in the tiles. I used hexagons and built out.

by Mark

Learning at Holywood

Learning at holywood is fun we have being doing maths with Miss Stapleton we have done 5 -a-day which involves doing 5 sums which you have to answer we like to do it up to a certain point which is the algebra which mark dislikes ( a lot ). Miss Dale is doing Islam as our religious topic in the 3 year rolling programme we have seen the journey to mecca and also the time and effort to sow the patches to hang on the bug rock in the middle of the giant stadium.

Lets get sporty came on Wednesday to come and do P.E with us which consisted of station my group started at some hurdles then onto the floor is lava when we stopped we had to find a action and copy it with Liam.

By Elliot