Friction – Reducing and Increasing

On Tuesday we did a friction investigation. We watched a video about friction and about air resistance. So they sent  me down the hill on a dolly trolley and we made parts to slow me down or speed me up. We took turns to put a part on me but when I was going down the hill I fell off backwards. Miss Dale had a plastic bag and put it on the helmet but I did not come flying off the dolly trolley that time. It was fun learning this – Kye and his partner Hamish managed to speed me up the most!!

By Dylan

Reducing and Increasing Air Resistance

On we Tuesday I was supposed make Dylan slow down but failed it was for are topic  and made him go faster. And we all most killed him. Because he went down the hill and flew down the hill hade and all most snapped his neck. But he was warring a helmet so he is ok he did not die it’s a good thing I was not on it. so I balm  miss dale for making almost killing Dylan .

Refugee Kitten

this is one of the saddest news reports I’ve ever seen it is a refugee kitten the owner said it got shot in the leg by a terrorist it is in a sling made by cloth it goes to quorintein for six months to get checked for rabies or other diseases .

Learning at Holywood!!

At Holywood we learn a new thing every day. Some times we do experiment’s or paper work!

We done some personal projects one Italy or different places. We have a lot of fun at Holywood!!!!

We also do week in the woods you have to climb lots of trees build dens find worms and lots of fun stuff

First News

In a cave at 30 metres deep bones were found in Africa in a place called Dinaledi Chamber. The area is known as Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Centre . 1413 bones were found as well as 137 teeth this is the home to some of the most oldest skeletons . The bones are at least 15 individuals the brains were much smaller then ours .

It interested me because it had a brilliant picture and a very intresting story

Newsround P1-3

This afternoon we watched Newsround. There are people who found dinosaur fossils on a beach in North Alaska. They would have grown up to 30 feet, and it would have lived in the dark a lot of the time. They were plant eaters and they had duck beaks for mouths.

There were also cleaners who go up high buildings and statues. They use special pressure washers and they have to climb up with really strong ropes. Jack and James quite fancy doing that for a job. Ethan and Miss Stapleton don’t think we’d like the height.

One of the other stories was about people on school buses getting bullied. If someone is bullying you, go and talk to someone about it.

Operation Safety

Today we (P7) went to Dupont for Operation safety it was epic. Our first station was with the Police for internet safety, stay smart we got laptops and were set up for a safe chat site to see what we do and some people were putting there real names and social media sites and usernames. When we were finished there were older students that were on the chat site with us and noted do some of the things we put down. It was really fun and wanted to do the chat for longer.

Our second station was with the fire service and Jason the fire mans extremely pigstie of a room and there were a lot of dangers like a phone charging on his pillow and leave the phone on charge at night they were the dangers.

Our third station  we went to firework and bonfire safety, you should never hold fireworks, put them in you pocket or play with the. Never ever put hay bales in a fire because the bale could fall over and spread the fire, that would be a catastrophe. Don’t put tyres in ether because they produce a horrible black smoke and it is like a sine for help. Don’t put car or normal batteries in because they get very hot and explode.

our forth and final station was with the paramedic he told us what to do if someone is fitting a but and falls. You have to check that he is breathing by putting your hand on his or hers stomach and put the side of your face above his mouth and look down to your hand and you can see if he or she is breathing.

John P7

operation safety

p7 went to operation safety today  it was a very good day lots of other schools were there as well.

there was different stations.

station 1.  we went to the police and they were telling us how to stay safe on the internet we got laptops to talk to the other schools and they were testing if anyone sent any  personal details.

station2. station 2 was about fires  we went in a room with lots of hazards that will cause a fire and we had to find them.

station3. was another fire one but it was about bonfires and fireworks we done that with a fireman Jason he was very funny.

station4. was a paramedic one I really enjoyed that because that is what I want to be we learned the recovery position and ABC A stood for airways B was breathing and C was circulation and pulse.

station 5. lastly we went to Scottish power and we were learning about how you can conduct power. that was vey fun day.

PRIMARY 7 OPERATION SAFETY 2015 ” BEST DAY EVER “

Today primary 7 were at Du Pont  for operation safety. today the emergency services and Scottish Power were at operation safety to learn us about some parts of their job.

We joined the police to learn about online/internet safety.

In this activity we had laptops placed around the room were we had to text each other online this was to demonstrate how hard it is not to give personal photos/information to anyone you don’t know or an internet site that you do not trust please do not give out any info because not everyone online is not always who they seem! if you notice any change be quick get in contact with the police or a trusted adult A.S.A.P!!  (AS SOON AS POSIBLE!)

BY JOSH BELL P.S   STAY SAFE

Primary 7 Operation safety

To day was a awesome day it was at DuPont in Dumfries

Our first drill was police talk about online chatting how it could affect others around you we were also mixed with other children from other schools.

Personally my favourite drill was the fire work drill with Jason who is a professional  fireman

The school was: Sanquher and St Treesers all together there was 76 children and groups of 14/16

Our second station was with the fire service and Jason room was a pig sty/ mokit.

Electricity:

pylon sub station.

Remember To call the police A.S.A.P!! AS SOON AS POSIBLE!!

STAY SMART/ STAY SAFE

By Braiden