Happy Holidays!

Well, it’s been such a busy and productive first term. The children really deserve a break after all of their hard work.

In Literacy they have been building new skills to read and blend three letter words and this will continue in term 2. They have also began writing and becoming familiar with what good writing looks like.

In Maths they have built on their knowledge of number by extending to 20 and 30. We have worked with simple patterns and can name some 3D shapes.

Next term I look forward to our topic, People Who Help Us. If there are any parents with a job or role within the community and you would be happy to spend some time in the classroom talking to the children about your role, I would love for you to get in touch.

In science we will look at the sun, moon and stars. Conversations at home about these 3 things would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps talk about what we do when the sun is up and what do we normally do when the moon is out.

This week we enjoyed singing Happy Birthday to Ruby who turned 5.

We explored 3D shapes this week and made different structures,choosing shapes carefully so our structures had a solid base and a good peak or top.

I hope everyone has a restful and enjoyable October holiday and I look forward to welcoming everyone back on Monday 22nd October.