Fully booked

Both Primary One classes went to the library in the Dumyat Centre today. The librarian was really pleased to see 37 kids and said we can come back again another day. She did suggest next time we come on a Wednesday, since she only works on a Monday.  We had a lovely story about a squirrel who was good at sharing, ( we will definitely try to take a leaf out of his book.)  In the afternoon we made hedgehogs using clay. Also we have been discussing personal safety and how to react in emergencies. So ask your child about :

STOP

DROP

ROLL

Indeed I used this very strategy today when that scary headteacher returned to the school, ( only kidding Miss Henderson, it was great to see you again, we have all missed you!)

my nuts

7 thoughts on “Fully booked”

1. Impressed with the safety chats. We were given a little demo of stop, drop and roll, Adam also had a nosebleed during the holidays and said to me “mummy pinch the top, it should stop” ! Lol, it did too, great stuff.

1. We have done a lot on personal safety and we talked about what to do if you get a nosebleed. They are such a good class, in terms of their listening and retaining information. If I ever take a tumble again, I know they couldn’t lift me but at least they wouldn’t panic and would be able to keep me comfortable until the crane arrived to get me back up.

2. Alexander was showing us. Stop (shouting very loud) then drop and roll. He done this on the sofa as said he didn’t want to hurt his shoulder. He is loving school we have so much to talk about each day. Thank you x

1. Thanks for that Mrs Smith, great to know Alexander enjoys P1. It is a shame that of all the things we have talked about in relation to personal safety we have not covered what to do if you are about to be knocked over by a giant dog!