My Safe Place – Health Week- Science Stem Activity

Good Morning Everyone,

This week is Health week, you have been doing different nice activities and I thought we could link some of them with our activity for today. As you can read from the title and see in the photo you will build a safe place inside your house, a place where you can go when you feel sad, mad, scared or happy.

You can use this place to do things that will help to take those feelings that are sometimes not very nice and transform them into happiness. Some things you can do here can be: read your book for the Book Club, have a healthy snack, sing songs, listen to good music, tell a story, play with your toys, use the paper phones you made last week and all others you might be thinking just now.

I am going to be using 6 designs that IKEA posted as part of a quarantine campaign encouraging people to stay home. All of them have different materials that you will have at home from blankets to books, if you don’t you can always replace them for something else.  Instructions are simple, consisting only of images. Choose 1 and with your family build your perfect safe place.

Make sure you have an adult supervision and the structure is safe to be inside.

Let’s see!

Design 1: You’ll just need a table, 2 sheets, a few books, and laundry pins.

Design 2: You will need a clothes rack, sheets, LED lighting chain (battery), books, pins and a hanging drier.

Design 3: You will need your sofa, a sheet, LED lighting chain (battery), books,  and cushions.

Design 4: You will need a hanger,  sheets, LED lighting chain (battery), books, clips and cushions.

Design 5: You will need your sofa,  sheets, a blanket, pins and cushions.

Design 6: You will need a hanger,  4 chairs, sheets, a blanket/rug, LED lighting chain (battery), pins and cushions.

Don’t forget to post your comments and send a photo of your tents!

Ms. Maturana

6 thoughts on “My Safe Place – Health Week- Science Stem Activity”

1. Good morning Miss Maturana, I think that the girls and boys will love doing this. We have a Book Bear Club and I think that all these ideas will help us to build a very safe and special place to share their book with their bear.Thank you.

2. Good Morning Mrs Rossvoll, thank you for your comment. I am so glad this could be helpful for your Bear Book Club and I am very excited to see all of their special safe places while reading with their bears.

3. This is wonderful Miss Maturana. What fun ideas and they use the things that you have in your house. I am missing my camping at the moment so these will be like being in my cosy tent.

1. Thank you Mrs Still, I am looking forward to see different designs. I feel the same as you and also brings me beautiful memories of my childhood by making tents with my brother, mum and dad.

1. That is amazing to hear Thomas! I would love to see it, I would appreciate if you could upload it to Seesaw or send it to your teacher so we can see it. Try and keep it for as long as you can! 🙂