School Uniform

School Uniform

All items of uniform can now be purchased directly from our new local supplier, Abstitch.  This includes school ties, which were previously available from the school.

See below for link to download order form.   Please note that payment must be made directly to Abstitch.

Uniform Order Form

Uniform Policy

Uniform consists of black sweatshirt with logo, white polo shirt (with or without logo) and black trousers/skirt. Blazers and ties are optional for S1-S4 pupils, and compulsory for S5 and S6.

*** Changes to the School Day ***

Following on from a review of the school week in November, the changes have now been confirmed and will commence at timetable change in June 2019.  The letter below will be distributed to parents and carers via pupils.

*** Information – Internet Safety ***

There are a lot of concerns these days about keeping children and young people safe online. With this in mind, and to protect your child from harmful content on the internet, we recommend that you talk with your child on an ongoing basis about what he or she is accessing and about how to stay safe online.  Reminding your child to tell you about anything upsetting that they encounter online is very important.  Having regular and open dialogues about what your child is accessing will encourage them to talk to you if they feel unsafe or uncomfortable with any content online or bullying behaviours. 

Monitoring of your child’s devices can also help to ensure they are safe online.   Seemingly innocent and harmless children’s apps and videos can be used to share disturbing content and to encourage children to contact individuals that they do not know.  Regular monitoring of your child’s devices will bring this to your attention quickly and allow you to take appropriate action.

You may find the following links useful to support keeping your child safe.

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/talking-your-child-staying-safe-online/

Conversation Topics – Online Safety

ROOM 2 TALK

Hello My Name is Jackie The school Counsellor.

I am located up near guidance, the door on the left. Please feel free to call in to see me at any time if you feel the need to talk or just need time for you.

My room is a safe and relaxing area, where everything is treated with the upmost respect and confidentiality. I am there every day Monday to Friday 8.25am to 3.25pm. You can also see me as a drop in at lunch times from 12.40 until 1.35. If I am not in my room 2 talk I will be in the games room, please feel free to come and get me and we can go to room2talk.

It is a place where you can come and explore your own thoughts, feelings, worries and concerns, even if you think these are the smallest of issues, because to you these are important.

I am not here to judge you in any way at all.

If you do not like to talk very much we can do crafts, such as

• Painting/art and crafts
  • Finger puppets
  • Rice play therapeutic
  • Colouring/drawing
  • Memory jars
  • Chalk and salt
  • games

These are just a few of the things that may interest you.

Feel free to email me or text me if you would like to?

My email is:- Jackie.Heap@vsa.org.uk

Phone number is:-07741240816

Tartan Merchandise

tartan merch

We are delighted to have for sale the following merchandise using the new Northfield Academy Tartan, which was specially designed as part of the school’s 60th Anniversary celebrations this year.

Items can be ordered via the school office on 01224 699715, or drop in.

Northfield Merchandise Price List

School Uniform

uniform

I am writing to you to ask for your continued support with this and also to remind you exactly what your child should be wearing from August.

Please see the attached letter which can be downloaded for easy reference.

School Uniform 2017-2018

Boys S1-S4

White polo shirt (plain or with school badge)
OR
Plain white formal shirt
Black sweatshirt with school badge
Plain black trousers, NO tracksuit bottoms
Pupils can wear shoes, trainers or footwear of any colour
Pupils can wear a school blazer and school tie if they choose

Girls S1-S4

White polo shirt (plain or with the school badge)
OR
Plain white blouse
Black sweatshirt with school badge
OR
Black cardigan (plain or with the school badge)
Black skirt or black dress trousers or thick leggings, NO thin tights without a skirt please

Boys S5/6

OR
White formal shirt
Black sweatshirt with school badge
Senior pupils will be expected to wear a black blazer

Girls S5/6

OR
Plain white blouse
Black sweatshirt with school badge

Please note that pupils should wear a white polo shirt and a black sweatshirt in S1-S4. It is not either or.

The uniform is available online at Tesco at http://www.clothingattesco.com/aberdeen/northfield-academy/invt/5244234/.

Blazers can also be purchased at
http://www.yourschooluniform.com/schools/index/northfield-academy-2336

School badges are available to buy from the school office to fix onto blazers bought with no badge should you choose to buy a blazer from other retailers.

Our new tartan tie will be available on 22th August and is the same for all pupils and costs £5. The tie is not compulsory for S1-S4 but with the introduction of polo shirts, cardigans and blazers, more young people are choosing to wear one. On our return from the summer break we will be working hard to get pupils into the habit of removing outdoor jackets, hoodies and non-uniform items off whenever they are in the school.

PE Kit

All pupils are expected to bring with them a change of kit for PE lessons. PE kit should include a complete change of clothes including a top and bottoms.

Pupils who forget kit will be issued with fresh laundered kit for that lesson and will be marked as no kit. This will also mean pupils will require a bag for PE kit but also for school work and their homework planner which each pupil will receive on the first day back.

On Tuesday 22th August, first day back all our new S1 pupils should arrive in school using the main school entrance and report to the main hall. From Wednesday 17th August all pupils will not be allowed to use the main door.

Finally can I thank you for your ongoing support of Northfield Academy.

Severe Weather Information

In times of severe weather conditions, emergency closure or other emergency circumstances, parents and pupils can receive up-to-date information via:

Aberdeen City Council’s School Closures website
https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/school-closures

The School Information Line:

• Tel: 08700541999
  • Pin: 011090 – select option 1

Local radio stations also usually provide information on school closures for severe weather reasons.