Week beginning 10.06.19

Measure

This week we have been learning about measure. First we learned about length. We learned that there are 100 cm in a meter and 1000 meters in a kilometer. In pairs, we estimated and measured different items in the classroom.

We then learned about weight. We learned that there are 1000 grams in a kilogram. First we estimated and then used scales to measure the weight of different items in the classroom. We also used weights to compare the weight of different items.

Mindful Moments

With Mrs Cox this week we listened to a meditation video. We had to close our eyes and listen carefully and do what the lady said. It made us feel calm and relaxed.

Dancing

This week we have had lots of practises of our dance. On Wednesday, Mrs Sangster came in to help us improve the dance and it’s looking amazing! We have also practised dancing in front of an audience! We have performed in front of all of the P4s and next week we will be performing at assembly!

“This week has been amazing! I have enjoyed dancing with Mrs Sangster.” – Megan

“This week has went past really quickly! I really enjoyed writing my sports day recount.” – Kiersten

“I really enjoyed measuring length with a partner.” –  Ellie

” I really enjoyed measuring the length of the blue unit with Kiersten. It measured 49 meteres!” – Mark

” This week has been fun because we have been measuring lots of things.” – Fraser