P7me 27/01/23

Literacy:

In literacy, we have been learning about Greek Mythology.  This has been our comprehension and writing focus since we returned after Christmas.  We have written our own myths and legends and we will be submitting some entries to Armadale Academy to be included in a cluster project novel, along with some Greek mythology artwork.

Numeracy:

In numeracy, we have been learning about square and cubed numbers, the square root of a number and prime numbers.  We have used our knowledge to complete very complex word problems and problem solving scenarios.  In maths, we have been finding the area and perimeter of different objects using our multiplication skills.

IDL:

We are very excited about our P5-7 show!  We are already learning our lines and songs.  We all have an important role to play in the show and we are busy designing stage backgrounds, stage directions, props and choreography to go along with our section of the show!  We can’t wait to share it with you on Thursday 16th March!

We are also taking part in a social enterprise project.  We have decided as a year group to have a juice bar in school.  This will be a non-profit organisation with the proceeds going to a charity of the children’s choice.  A group of P7 pupils will be taking part in a Dragon’s Den event at Howden Park Centre to try and get funding to start our project.  We have worked together in groups to create a business model, logo, slogan and name for our juice bar.  Details will be shared with you soon!

Other Achievements:

We organised and ran another successful coffee morning to raise money for our Galaday float.  Thank you to all who donated baking and came along to support us!

O –I have enjoyed learning about the Greek Gods and Goddesses.

B – I’ve enjoyed doing square numbers because it is fun to learn a new way to do something in numeracy.

E – I liked learning how to find the area of an object in maths.

J – I think our learning has been more creative this term.