P7m

We are continuing to enjoy our Transition project with Armadale Academy every week.  In class we continue to practise strategies to consolidate our multiplication skills such as the grid method, the column method and the lattice method.  We also continue to practise our times tables daily as our challenge is to know these forwards and backwards by Easter!  We have begun a block of algebra where we are learning various strategies to simplify algebraic equations.  Some P7 children have been leading their own learning in Numeracy by developing multiplication lessons for other stages.  They then delivered these lessons to the younger children during outdoor learning which was a great success!

In literacy we are focusing on features of non-fiction.  We dissected various pieces of non-fiction texts including newspaper reports, persuasive, discussion and recounts, to compare language features, purpose and subject.

During our Scots focus fortnight, we each recited a Scots poem, wrote our own Scots poems and translated text into Scots.  We also created our own comic strips based on ‘The Broons’ family!  Well done to N and F who were our P7m finalists and took 1st and 2nd in the poetry recital competition!

IDL

We have been learning about glaciers and different ice ages within our IDL.  We have produced fact files on the various megafauna and created beautiful frozen landscapes using tissue paper and oil pastels.  We are looking forward to our STEM experiments next week for glacial erosion and movement.

Other areas

P.E – We recently completed our Heptathlon challenge in P.E, which gave us an opportunity to participate in some field and track events such as standing triple jump, shot putt and hurdles.  We continue to do a mixture of indoor and outdoor P.E,  and we have started a new block of gymnastics and handball.

We have enjoyed:

L – I have really enjoyed learning about algebra and the grid method.

T – I find our new topic is really good, I especially like learning about glaciers.

K – I’ve enjoyed our new topic ‘Frozen’.

C – I have enjoyed doing the column method in numeracy.

O – I’ve enjoyed learning about glaciers.

E – I’ve enjoyed doing gymnastics, especially backwards rolls and stag jumps.

Z – I really enjoyed our Heptathlon challenge!