P2/1 blog – 16/9/16

The boys and girls in Primary 2/1 have had a very busy week. It was very exciting coming into the classroom after lunch on Monday and finding a secret trail which led to a letter on a leaf. We discovered that Sam the Snail had used our classroom to escape from a very hungry bird. This led us to think about food chains and appreciate how everything in nature depends on each other.

Orla said she couldn’t wait to come to school on Tuesday to play with the Roald Dahl playdough mats. Later that day in art we all used line and colour to decorate sweets for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. They looked so good we wanted to eat them. In Drama, this week, we took on some of Roald Dahl’s characters and made our own performances. We had to consider the kind of voices we needed to use to bring our characters to life.

Primary 1 have been working really hard this week counting, ordering and recognising numbers within 10. They have also looked forward each day to learning their new sound, along with the action and the song. Please look for these sounds in our sound tubs when we come home on Friday and help us to practise them.  New reading words have also been used this week. Please remember that reading folders with reading books and reading records need to come to school everyday. This helps to keep everything safe.

Primary 2 have been busy counting, ordering and recognising numbers within 50. We are really good at counting forwards but we sometimes get mixed up when counting backwards especially when crossing a ‘10’. Please do lots of counting backwards with us at home. Our sound for this week is the ee/ea sound. It is really tricky to know which one we should use. Our teacher thinks we are being good sound detectives as we nearly always make the right choice.

Here are some of P2/1’s thoughts about this week:

Mia – I enjoyed threading the numbers to 10 in the right order.

Sam – I enjoyed playing in the playground with my friends.

Ethan – I enjoyed writing  ‘u’ with the coloured pens.

Anna – I enjoyed making  ‘o’ with wool.

Daniel – I enjoyed counting up to 50.

Orla – I enjoyed writing words with ee/ea.

Emily – I enjoyed finding the answers to take away sums.

Max – I did great writing this week and was the star writer.