Primary 3 – class novel, “Matilda”

Matilda by Roald Dahl | Martha Brook

In Primary 3, we have been listening to a wonderful book called “Matilda” written by Roald Dahl.   We have created large posters of the characters and this week we have been thinking of good adjectives to describe them.

Bella – Matilda is smart and extraordinary.

Bonnie – Matilda’s family are horrible and very greedy.  I like when Matilda scared her parents with the parrot when she stuck it up the chimney and they thought it was a ghost

Iza – Matilda is a clever girl.

Karlie – My favourite character is Matilda because she is a polite and nice girl and I think she is a bit of a genius.

Stella – My favourite character is Miss Honey because she is kind, caring, beatiful and she is so nice to Matilda.  She cares about Matilda unlike her parents.

Damon – I like Mrs Phelps because she is the first to know how smart Matilda is and she let Matilda read lots of amazing books.

Luke – I like Miss Honey and Matilda because they are both nice and intelligent.

Jacob – My favourite character is Mr Wormwood because he sells cars.

Annalee – My favourite part in the story is when Miss Honey finds out how clever Matilda is.

Jessica – Miss Trunchbull is definitely not a good Headteacher.  She is a bully and she hates children!