‘Make a Pound Grow’ with Primary 5

Primary 5 took on the challenge of ‘Making a Pound Grow’ as their Lenten Experience. After lots of planning in their groups, time designing posters, flyers and price-lists and, support from family and friends at home, they held their Bake Sale on Wednesday 29th of March.

The groups were: Fresh New, Grab’n’Go, Cake and Co, Sweetie Creators and LCNA. Each group were given £1 per person and Mrs Blair donated an extra £1 to each group. With their money, groups had to decide what to make and how much to sell their products for.

Fresh New were selling Easter cupcakes, tablet, crispy cakes and teacakes.

Grab’n’Go were selling s’mores and ice-poles.

Sweetie Creators were selling cookies and pancakes with chocolate sauce.

LCNA were selling toffee apples and chocolate apples.

Cake and Co were selling milk chocolate crispy cakes, white chocolate crispy cakes, cupcakes and rainbow jelly!

After an afternoon for hard work, I am very happy to announce that P5 raised £111.18 for SCIAF. I am so proud  of the hard work and effort all of the pupils in P5 put in to make their Bake Sale such a success. I am personally going to donate £8.82 to round up their donation money to SCIAF to £120.

Big well done P5! Go team!!