St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P1 Weekly Learning Highlights 4th October 2024

This week we have been learning the ‘a’ sound we made alligators and practised writing and saying the sound.  We sorted apples from biggest to smallest.

To prepare for going on our trip next week we read the story ‘The Baddies’ we wrote which character we like best and drew a picture of it.  We also made our own story maps.

In maths we continued our mental counting and we did some subitising.  We looked at the numbers 11, 12, 13 and 14 how they are formed and the quantity of each.

In Spanish we played a number game spin the wheel and say the number in Spanish.

We learned about our sense of smell and used smelly pens to decide if we liked or disliked the smell of them.  We discussed things that smell nice and not nice.

As part of World of Work we learned about the job of a dentist.  We had to show how to brush our teeth using an interactive games and we got our own brand new toothbrush and toothpaste.

We learned about the job of a careers advisor and also a nurse.  We got to play with some equipment and look at PPE. Today we learned about the Tesco distribution centre in Livingston and how it supplies all the Tesco shops in Scotland.  We all got a free Tesco pen.

Lothian Football Academy were in school this week and we were very lucky to have football today for Gym we got to play football with a coach and learn some football skills.  We also had the opportunity to read outside as part of our Outdoor learning.  We had lots of fun and found the sounds and common words we are working on in the books.

Our Weekly Highlights:

Ava ‘I liked playing football’

Felix  ‘liked playing with the toys’

Tiara ‘I liked playing football’

Daniel ‘I liked learning about Tesco and the jobs they do there’.

Lena ‘ I liked making the alligator’

Arush ‘I liked sorting the apples’

Well done to our Hot Chocolate winner this week Antosh.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.