St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P1B Post

Week Beginning 30.9.19

P1B highlights:

Paige – I liked playing in the woods.  I was the ‘negro’ (black in Spanish) group so we were ‘free play this week’.

Zac – My favourite part was cutting out a snowman (linked with our ‘s’ phonics learning).

Amelia – Amelia liked learning about Tiger Ten this week.  He was such a show off and thought he was much more clever than all the other animals.

Ishani S – I liked walking around the school outside.  I heard cars and aeroplanes (linked to our ‘sense of hearing’ learning).

Mrs Devlin: I especially liked when we learned the actions for the Hail Mary prayer.  The children loved it and wanted to say the Hail Mary a lot this week.  If you wanted to practise it at home, the actions are as follows:

Hail Mary, (Lift your right hand pointing to the sky.)

Full of grace, (Lift your left hand pointing to the sky.)

The Lord is with you. (Bring your hands down folded near your heart.)

Blessed are you among women, (Take your right hand and sweep it across your body pointing to all the girls in the group around you.)

And blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus. (Pretend you are rocking a baby in your arms.)

Holy Mary, (Lift your right hand pointing to the sky.)

Mother of God, (Lift your left hand pointing to the sky.)

Pray for us sinners, (Bring your hands down folded near your heart.)

Now (Point down to the ground with both hands.)

And at the hour of our death. (Point to a pretend watch on your wrist.)

Amen. (Bring hands together folded near your heart.)