Primary 1 Learning Highlights 3rd November 2023

This week we have been learning the sounds ‘i’, ‘k’ and ‘ck. We have been making words with these sounds and trying to write them correctly. We have been reading ‘Goat and Donkey and the Noise Downstairs’ for our Wordboost story this week.  We learned some new Boost Words and we have been trying to listen for them in the story.

In maths, we have been learning about telling the time. We played What’s The Time Mr Wolf on the Smartboard to help us practise the o’clock times. We also made our own clocks to help us.

In Health and Wellbeing, we learned about ‘Stop, Drop and Roll’ to help us if our clothes go on fire. In writing, we made Bonfire Safety posters to display in the area. We used lots of sounds to write the words. We had lots of fun doing Halloween activities on Tuesday and we loved making paper ghost puppets. Mrs Carlyle made a special feely box and we thought she had put worms in it!

We have been learning about All Saints Day and All Soul’s Day in RE this week and on Wednesday some of our class went to St Peter’s Church for Mass. Everyone commented on how well behaved we were. In the afternoon we went into the hall to watch the Pantomime. It was the story of Aladdin and we all had great fun.

On Friday, we went to our House Groups and we completed some activities about our school values.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Joseph – I enjoyed playing with the little blocks.

Leah – I enjoyed playing outside.

Matteo – I enjoyed playing with the Lego.

Tyler T – I enjoyed playing with the marble run.

Peyton – I enjoyed playing with the marbles.

Miss Stebbing – I was very proud of the great illustrations everyone did on their Bonfire Safety Posters.

Well done to Daisy who is our Hot Chocolate Winner this week.