Primary 1 Learning Highlights 24th May 2024

This week we have been reading The Enormous Turnip, we learned all about the words ‘heaved’ and ‘budge’. We have been practising writing words and sentences on the whiteboards and we were so proud of our sentences.

In Maths, we have been practising our subtraction strategies. We also played a game about fact families where we had to made 2 addition and 2 subtraction sums. It was great fun!

During Outdoor Learning we spent some time in the Woodland to practise our fire pit safety. We know what to do to roast a marshmallow and in a few weeks we are going to have a real fire.

For PE, we enjoyed a football session with a coach. We had fun scoring goals and dribbling the ball around the pitch. The grass stuck to our feet so we had to pretend to be penguins and move our feet across the playground to get the grass off.

On Friday, we all went to Mass at St Peter’s. The staff were all very proud of how respectful we were.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Zuraib – I enjoyed playing outside.

Rudhvick – I enjoyed playing with the Jenga

Tyler F – I enjoyed playing in the construction area.

Ollie – I enjoyed playing with the plus plus.

Matteo – I enjoyed playing in the big playground with the buddies.