Primary 2 Weekly Update – 17.5.24

Good Afternoon,

We’ve had another fantastic week in Primary 2!

The children are doing really well with their times tables and have started to look at the link between multiplication and division.  We have also continued to work on fractions and have been learning that a quarter, is a half of a half.

In Literacy, we have been learning how to write a recount.  The children have planned a piece of writing about their recent visit to the Zoo and will complete their writing next week.

On Thursday, the children worked hard on their entry for an Art competition.  They have designed their very own mythical creature.  Keep your fingers crossed that someone from P2 might win!

Over the past few weeks, the children have been having great fun exploring the woodlands. Here are a few photographs of them in action:

Highlights of the Week:

Lillian:  I loved creating a vets in our classroom and looking after the animals.

Faye:  I liked learning the 5 times table.

Alex:  I loved creating my own mythical creature.  Mines is very cool.  I hope it wins the competition.

Tudor:  I liked colouring Concorde picture that Mrs Craig printed for me.

Olga:  I loved going to the woodlands.  I moved the furniture with Owen and made a house.

Huge congratulation to our hot chocolate Friday winner this week, Olga!  Olga is always working very hard in school, her work is always presented beautifully and she is extremely kind and caring towards other.  We are very proud of you Olga!

Our Reading Champion is Aarav.  Well done Aarav!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mrs Craig and Mrs Brand