St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 1 Learning Highlights 17th May 2024

This week the Jolly Postman delivered another letter to us and he sent the book Little Red Riding Hood. We sequenced the story and made a healthy basket for granny. We have loved playing with the basket that the Jolly Postman delivered and pretending to be Little Red Riding Hood.

In maths, we have been learning about half past and we were very confident with this. We also did some more work on addition and subtraction.

In RE, we learned about Pentecost and how the disciples received the gift of the Holy Spirit.

In PE, we are practising throwing a javelin. We can throw them really far.

We have been busy building lots of models in the construction area and we have been taking lots of photos of them.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Alfie – I enjoyed playing in the construction area.

Ollie – I enjoyed drawing.

Rudhvick – I enjoyed reading the story.

Sophia – I enjoyed playing with the flowers.

Peyton – I enjoyed playing with the marble run.

Congratulations to Leah who is our Reading Champion and to Lewis who is our Hot Chocolate Winner.