St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P2/1 Weekly Learning Highlights 19th April 2024

It was wonderful to see all the children again after the Easter holidays and welcome them back to their final term of the school year.  There was lots of fun, learning and laughter this week.

Primary 1 were learning the sound igh and P2 focused on the er sound.  In our writing lesson we designed an Easter egg and used lots of describing words to describe its appearance.

In Maths we have been looking at the 2 times tables and counting in 2s and 10s.  We have also revisited addition within 10 and 30.

We looked at the life cycle of an owl and labelled the different parts of an owl.  We also drew our own Barn owl following a step by step guide.  We also looked at the life cycle of a bee and learned why bees are very important to our environment.

In Gym this term our focus is on jumping, throwing and running.  We had relay races which incorporated running and jumping over hurdles.

In Religion we recalled the resurrection of Jesus and we made our own empty tombs for our Religion display.

Our Learning Highlights:

‘I loved drawing the owls’  Laaibah

‘I liked Choosing Time’  Connor

‘I liked the running races’ Leighton

‘I liked the writing’ Khaleesi

Our winning table this week was the Green Table, congratulations to AbdulHameed our Hot Chocolate at Home for going over and above winner, and Well done to Katie our Reading Champion.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and we will see you again on Monday.