Primary 2 Weekly Update – 19th April 2024

Good Afternoon,

It’s been great to have the children back in the classroom after the Easter holidays.  They have been working very hard and have shown lots of enthusiasm for learning.

The children have started learning the times tables in maths, and we are very impressed with how well the children are getting on.  If you get a chance to work on these at home, that would be very helpful.  We will be focusing on the 2, 5 and 10 times tables to begin with.

In health and wellbeing, we have been discussing the importance of getting enough sleep and how this impacts our body and mind.

Highlights of the Week:

Azmeer – I liked learning the times tables.

Cameron – I loved free writing Friday.  I wrote about Fortnite.

Owen – I enjoyed learning about sleep and why it is important that we get enough sleep.

Lillian – I liked writing an information report about my family.

Summer-Rose – I liked learning new sounds. 

Huge congratulation to our hot chocolate Friday winner this week, Zaroon!   He always works very hard and is a kind and helpful boy!  We are very proud of you Zaroon!

We were delighted to welcome two new pupils in to our class, David and Tudor.  The children have been very welcoming to our new starts, and they have settled in very well.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mrs Craig and Mrs Brand