St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Weekly Highlights – Week Beginning 18.3.24

Hello families of P2

The Children have all worked super hard this week, learning lots of exciting things! We continued our work on plastic pollution in our Oceans. The children used their knowledge about this to create information leaflets, encouraging others to look after our Oceans.

We learner about the lifecycle of frogs, as some of the children spotted frogs in our playground. The children completed a reading comprehension activity all about frogs, producing excellent work.

In Literacy we learned three new sounds, ‘ir’, ‘er’ and ‘ur’.

In numeracy this week we did more work on missing numbers, in subtraction within 20 problems. We also used our knowledge of addition and subtraction to complete a code cracker challenge. The children loved this!

In art, we created beautiful clownfish and coral reefs. These are displayed in our classroom and area, making a lovely under the sea scene.

On Tuesday, Mrs Lafferty brought her beautiful baby in to visit us. We learned all about the needs of a baby and how to care for them.

Weekly Highlights

Olga – I liked making the clownfish and octopus.

Cameron and Aarav – We liked learning about plastic pollution in our Oceans.

Summer – I liked doing all of the Easter activities in the hall. It was so much fun!

Lillian – I liked me and Dineli working together on our plastic pollution leaflets. We took turns each. I did some writing then Dineli did some writing. I did some drawing then Dineli did some. We worked as a good team.

Aaron – I liked the addition and subtraction code breaker.

Filip – I liked learning about Octopus.

Rose – I liked showing my work to my parents.

Huge Congratulations to our hot chocolate winner, Layla and our reading champion, Olga. Awesome job girls!

Have a lovely weekend