St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 2 Weekly Update – 12.1.24

Good Afternoon,

We’ve had a super first week back at school and we are delighted to report that the children have all been working very hard!

Our first topic this term is Scotland and the children have been learning a Scottish poem for Burns Day.  We have uploaded the poems to SeeSaw and we have sent a paper copy home for the children to practise.  We are really looking forward to hearing the children recite them and some of them will be chosen to perform their poem at our Burns Supper on the 25th of January.  As part of our topic, we are also going to be learning about Scottish Food, Animals and Words.

Over the next few weeks, in Maths, we are going to be developing our subtraction skills.  Today we were working on solving problems involving subtraction and the children managed very well.

Our Hot Chocolate winner this week is Tiya!  We are extremely proud of Tiya, who is always, kind, helpful and friendly and is making excellent progress with her learning.

Well done to Rose, who is our new reading champion!

Highlights of the Week:

Cameron:  I liked doing subtraction problems in maths.

Summer:  I loved Free Writing Friday, I wrote about a puppy.

Lillian:  I liked doing RE with Mrs Callaghan

Filip: I enjoyed building with the K’Nex

Have a great weekend and we look forward to seeing the children next week!