St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P2/1 Weekly Learning Highlights 15th December

What a super busy week we have had in P2/1.

This week we have been revising all our sounds and common words.  P1 played Christmas CVC games to help us with our blending and read words.  P2 played dice games revising magic e.

We read the story Sneezy the Snowman.  We played roll a snowman, and made our own snowman pictures.  We posted these on Seesaw and recorded our voices.  We also made snowman biscuits and P2 wrote about how they could help Sneezy.

We made placemats and party hats for our parties next week.

For Maths we played some Topmarks Christmas games.  A real favourite was the Christmas jigsaws.

We have started to make some Christmas decorations, we made a reindeer craft and reindeer bags and P1 made Christmas cards for their buddies.  We also designed our own Christmas Jumper.

P1 had their dress rehearsal on Tuesday and we had our two performances four our Nativity this week.  Everyone was so proud of us and said how amazing we were at singing all the songs.

Today was ‘Crazy Day’ everyone was very excited to come to school dressed a little crazy.

Weekly Learning Highlights:

Ahmed ‘I enjoyed writing’

Connor ‘ I liked playing with the Lego’

Martyna ‘I liked making the reindeer bag’

Ellie ‘I liked making my buddy card’

Rose ‘I liked making the snowman biscuit’

Rhain ‘I liked that I was the winning table’

Alexander ‘I liked making the reindeer crafts’

Katie ‘I liked helping at tidy up time’

Mrs Russesll ‘I loved watching the P1 Nativity everyone was amazing and I was so proud of you all, I also loved Crazy Day’

Well done to JJ our Hot Chocolate winner this week.

Congratulations to the  Green  table our wining table this week.

Well done to Hameedah our Reading Champion