St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 1 Learning Highlights 22nd September 2023

This week we have been learning the sound ‘c’. We played a game where we had to feed the cat words that began with ‘c’ and we had great fun!

In maths, we have been learning to write the numbers 8 and 9. We have also been making the numbers in the ten frames and using our finger patterns. We enjoyed playing a game on the smartboard to help us with our finger patterns.

This week Ogilvie Bear was visiting France. We made flags and learned about the Tour De France. We also decorated cycling jerseys. We enjoyed learning about the Eiffel Tower and we completed a dot to dot worksheet with a picture of it.

On Friday, we went to assembly and learned about being a superhero. Then we spent some time outside with our buddies.

Here are some of our personal highlights this week:

Bella – I liked playing with the buddies.

Matteo – I liked playing with my buddy.

Tyler T – I liked playing with the cars.

Lewis – I liked playing with Ollie.

Joseph – I liked choosing our own learning.

Leah – I liked playing the cat game.

Miss Stebbing – I was very proud of how well everyone sat in assembly and had fantastic manners by waiting their turn to answer questions.

Well done to Matteo who is our Hot Chocolate at Home winner this week.