St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 2 – 25.8.23

Good Afternoon Families,

We have had a very busy week in Primary 2!

In Literacy, we focused on the ‘a’ and ‘e’ vowel sound in the middle of the word.  We also did a piece of writing all about ourselves, trying to remember to use full stops, capital letters and finger spaces.  The children produced some fantastic work!

In Maths and Numeracy, we continued to work on 2D shape.  The children were naming and sorting different 2D shapes, including Pentagons, Hexagons and Octagons.  We also continued working with numbers up to 100.

In Health and Wellbeing, we looked at how we can be ready, respectful and safe when we are at school and are in the process of making a display for our classroom.  We can’t wait to show you all!

Highlights of the Week:

Lillian:  I liked free writing Friday because I liked using my imagination to write a story.

Cameron:  I liked playing operation.  It was hard to try and get the pieces out without setting of the buzzer!

Aarav:  I liked making electrical circuits and trying to light up the bulb.

Summer:  I loved the Jungle Show in the hall.  It was fun!

Faye and Azmeer: We liked learning the sounds a and e.  They are both vowel sounds.

Last week we welcomed a new pupil into our class. His name is Zaroon and the children have made him feel very welcome!

Our hot chocolate Friday winner was Aarav! Huge congratulations to him! He has been working very hard and is always kind and helpful to the other children in the class! We are very proud of you Aarav!

We are very sorry that we have no photographs this week.  We have had some technical problems with our class I-pad.  We hope to have this fixed for next week.

Have a great weekend!