St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 1A Learning Highlights 26th May 2023

This week we have been reading the story of Little Red Riding Hood. We had to make a basket with lots of healthy food for Granny so that she could get better. For writing, we made Get Well Soon Cards to cheer Granny up.  The dragon left us a task to sort medicines and things that were not medicines. We had a great discussion about keeping safe with medicines. Our castle books are getting really full now!

In maths, we have been practising our subtraction and time to half past.  We learned about quarters and we made a jam sandwich that we cut into quarters. Then we had a picnic outside. The sandwiches were delicious.

Most afternoons we have been out in the playground for Outdoor Learning and we really enjoyed playing with the bubbles and the toys.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Lillian – I enjoyed making the jam sandwich.

Summer Rose – I enjoyed watching the Emoji movie with Mrs Lea.

Connor – I enjoyed making the card for Granny.

Vasilisa – I enjoyed eating the jam sandwich.

Alexander – I enjoyed playing with the lego.

Joshua – I enjoyed playing in the reading den.

Harald – I enjoyed playing with the bubbles.

Miss Stebbing – I was very proud of all the P1s when they were sounding out the words for the get well soon cards.

Well done to Vasilisa who is our Hot Chocolate winner this week and to Tiya who is our Reading Champion.