Primary 1A Learning Highlights 19th May 2023

This week we had a visit from The Giant. He left a huge mess in our classroom! The letter he left asked us the measure things using his footprints. We even used them to measure our heights. We decided to make wanted posters to put up around the school so that if anyone saw The Giant they would tell us. We got a card from a P4 pupil to say they had seen him in the Woodland! The next day, we received a sorry letter from The Giant. He had been looking around our classroom and when the bell rang he got such a fright he knocked everything over when he ran to the beanstalk.

We have been doing lots of measuring activities this week in Maths. We used beans to measure the size of different beanstalks and we talked about how it could change depending on which was up the beans were. We also practised telling the time to o’clock and half past.

In RE, we learned about the Ascension and some of us went up to Mass at St Peter’s.

We had a lovely visit to the library on Wednesday and we met Jo who is the librarian. We read lots of stories and did some colouring in. On the way back to school we got a quick play in the park. We can’t wait to go back to the library again!

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Tiya – I enjoyed playing in Block Play.

Joshua – I enjoyed going to the library.

Kacper – I enjoyed playing with the lego.

Lillian – I enjoyed doing things for the Giant.

Aarav – I enjoyed playing with the dinosaurs.

Miss Stebbing – I enjoyed doing some outdoor learning with P1B on Thursday afternoon.

Congratulations to Alexander who is our Hot Chocolate winner this week.