P6A Update

Dear families and loved ones,

We have had a really good week. We started our new project this week: bigotry and racism. Most of our work has been based around this. For literacy we have been reading about different influential figures across the world and their inspiring stories that have and continue to shape our world.

We are looking at Scotland, its people and how our country fits into the world. We are a small nation of a wonderfully diverse population and the children are loving learning about and challenging different issues here and across the world.

We have been using our notes from discussion and reading to inform our writing and I must say, I’m impressed by the level of engagement and work that has been produced.

The most important voices:

This week the children believe they have all been successful, confident, contributors and responsible. Here is what they have to say:

Successful Learner

“I used my numeracy skills when researching and learning about bigotry and racism” – Olivier

“I can explain what racism is” – Emily

“I learned how to play a new version of tig in PE” – Patrick

“I used my learning to write an information report on Rosa Parks” – Joshua

Confident Individual 

“I worked on my own this week to write my information report” – Grant

“I was aware of my self when discussing my identity and talking about me” – Sam

“I understand that people have different beliefs and that not all those beliefs are good. I need to be self-aware” – Emmanuel

“I set a goal this week and showed that I care” – Sylvia

Effective Contributor 

“I worked well with my friends this week when creating new games in problem solving” – Vanessa

“I like being involved with the class and talking with my friend” – Connor

“I worked well with a girl group and had my voice heard” – David

“I gave good answers and contributed to the SWOT analysis of the school grounds. I helped clean up outside the classroom fire door” – Myles

Responsible Citizen  

“I helped others and worked hard to help the school in outdoor learning” – Amelia

“I was kind and showed others respect” – Filip

“I have been respectful and problem solved in literacy when I couldn’t write” – Adam

“I showed good listening skills when I needed to” – Emily

Some Photo Highlights