Primary 1A Learning Highlights 10th February 2023

In maths, we have been learning about doubles.  We did a valentine worksheet where we had to put the numbers in the correct place. To help us with our subitising and take away skills we played a game called Splat.

In literacy, we have been learning the sound ‘wh’. We read the story ‘Norman the Slug with the Silly Shell’. We had to draw our own shell and then we wrote sentences using colour and texture words.

In RE, we read a story called ‘The Widow’s Mite’. The widow put all her money in the box at the temple. This helps us to remember we have to give love with all our hearts.

In topic, we finished our Local Area work by going on a walk to Morrison’s. We looked for technology in our local area that helps us. We found the talking bin, cameras and cash machine. We bought some things in Morrison’s and the staff let us scan them. When we were coming back to school, we got to play at the park. Back at school, we drew a map to show where we walked.  While we were on our walk, we spotted some snowdrops. Spring is on its way!

In PE we had a session with Destination Judo. It was great fun and we got to wear special jackets.

Some of our personal highlights are:

Filip – I enjoyed playing with the trains.

Joshua – I enjoyed playing with the hearts in the purple tray.

Vedansh – I enjoyed playing with the marble run. It was hard work to build it.

Lillian – I enjoyed making the Love Bugs.

Summer Rose – I enjoyed playing in the shop.

Aarav – I enjoyed playing with the marble run.

Miss Stebbing – I was very proud of everyone when we visited Morrison’s. They had marvellous manners when we were walking round the shop and at the checkout.

Congratulations to Layla who is our Hot Chocolate Winner this week.