St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Weekly Update 10.6.22

Hello families

It has been quite an exciting week because we found out who our P4 teacher is going to be! It is going to be Mrs Lea. We are excited to have her next year and we spent some time making origami photo frames.

We had a little assembly that was a surprise for Miss Lawrence (P2 teacher) who gets married this weekend.  When she returns we all need to remember her new name Mrs Wallace.

Maths

This week in maths we have focused on position and movement.  We have been learning about co-ordinates. We used a large grid and items from around the class and put them into the correct position using their grid reference.

We also looked at right angles. A right angle is where two lines meet in a shape, or a corner, that is a certain size. We used right angle finders to go on a right angle hunt around the classroom.

We looked at compass points; North, East, South and West.

We looked at deciduous trees, which are trees that have there leaves fall off in Autumn and the leaves grow back in Spring and Summer. We answered some questions about the information we read and we used Ipads to research the names of some deciduous trees. For example: Oak, Cherry blossom and Maple.

Topic

For the last few weeks of the term, we are going to be looking at nature for our topic.

We created our own nature names. We also created our own picture using materials we collected from the woodlands. Some of us also decorated letters that spell out nature for our display.

Pupil Highlight of the Week

Zac – I enjoyed playing new games we have learnt in PE.

Alexa – I enjoyed doing the crafts with Mrs Lea.

Millie – I enjoyed doing the nature art.

Daniel – I liked Free Writing Friday and doing the blog.

Aiden – I liked doing ERIC time.

Mariam – I liked going into the woodlands to collect stuff.