St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P2A Week Beginning 28th March

This week in class, our learning highlights have been:

Our special learning about Holy Week, the week before Jesus died.  There was much drama in class and in the playground as we recalled this important learning.  The children enjoyed riding donkeys, getting their feet washed and eating and drinking as they took part in The Last Supper.  (As part of keeping safe, we used 2 loaves for The Last Supper, one for “Jesus” to hold up and break and one for eating.  We also had our own cup of “wine”).

We also completed some beautiful art.  The children used their senses to explore seeds and flowers.  The soft texture of the flowers and the lovely smells and bright colours were noted.  The children found the patterns on the seeds interesting too.  They have taken home some sunflower seeds if they wish to grow them at home.

The biggest highlight of all has to have been giving the grass heads a hair cut in the playground.  We were careful not to undo our great work and make them bald in all the excitement.  Although I did reassure the children that the grass will continue to grow with sunlight and water.

We also learned about taking care of a baby and what they need to grow up to be healthy too.  The children enjoyed playing with dolls and pretending to bath them, dress them, feed them and take them for walks.

My highlight, apart from the special Holy Week lessons, was the April Fools joke I played on the class on Friday.  I told them that Mrs McKissack was so impressed with our grass head haircuts that she wanted us to cut all the grass in the playground with scissors!  They were so disappointed to hear it was a joke!

I hope you all have a lovely Easter break and I will see you all on our return, Tuesday 19th April.