P2B highlights week beginning 24th January

Hello SJO Families,

We had another super week in P2B 🙂. For maths we have been learning about measuring length and the children used the metre sticks to find things in our classroom that is 50cm or 1m long. We have been learning how to use a dictionary and the best way to search for words. We had lots of fun making paper kilts and yummy shortbread kilts to celebrate Robert Burns night. We also tried to learn some Scottish words by listening to ‘The Gruffalo in Scots’.

For our topic Livingston, we were learning about de Leving’s Peel and how the ruins are still in Peel park. Some of the children said they have been there before and were excited to learn more about it. The children then worked in groups to make their own Peel, based on the drawing below of what it is believed to have looked like. The children chose to make their Peel using Lego, cardboard boxes, straws or Jenga blocks. They look fantastic – I love the attention to detail (adding the stairs on the cardboard Peel and flag on the Lego Peel).

Highlights from the Green Table:

Georgia – I liked making the kilts for Robert Burns because I liked the colours that I chose to go up and down (weave).

Alex – PE was good because we got to play chaos tag and we were dribbling with the ball too playing the follow me game.

Flynn – I liked all the games in PE because they were so much fun. I liked chaos tag the most because I caught lots of people.

Congratulations to Alex for being our Hot Chocolate Award winner!

Have a lovely weekend,

Miss Lawrence