P2B Week Beginning 17th January 2022

Hello SJO Families,

P2B have had another fantastic week. We have started to learn about ‘Magic e’ and what is special about it (ask you child to see if they can remember). We made wonderful magic wands to help us during our literacy lessons. For our topic, Livingston, we done some exploring on Google Maps to find our school, morrisons and some of our houses too – the children loved this! This week in maths we have been learning about weight and the children have loved taking turns to measure various items (especially the stapler because it is so heavy and the toilet roll because they thought it was hilarious!)

Highlights from the Blue Table:

Olek – “I liked doing the weighing because we weighed the salt and the shell to see which one was heavier and it was fun”.

Moeez – “I liked the magic e because it was fun to make the wand”.

Daniel – “I liked weighing because we got to move around the room and draw on the sheet what was heavy and light”.

Nicolas – “I liked PE because I like basketball. I liked the last game doing the race because my team won and it was fun”.

I really enjoyed PE today because I could see how well the children are doing with dribbling in basketball and we played fun games too. I was so impressed with some of their dribbling skills!

Congratulations to Matthias who was the Hot Chocolate Award winner this week.

The link below is an overview of what we plan to learn about during term 3 of primary 2. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to get in touch.

P2 Forward Plan Overview Term 3

Have a lovely weekend,

Miss Lawrence