P1B Learning Highlights 1st October 2021

This week in P1B we have been learning the sound and letter ‘s’.   It is a light blue colour and we make the sound using our tongue.  We made spiral snakes and snakes out of paper chains.  These activities helped us to continue to develop our fine motor skills.

We have been learning all about the numbers 7 and 8. We have been working very hard at learning how to form these numbers correctly.  We have also been looking at 2D shapes.  We made shapes using lollypop sticks and also created pictures using coloured paper shapes.

In our Writing lesson this week we wrote about things that we like.  Mrs Russell was very proud of all our hard work and we have been trying hard to remember to use a full stop at the end of our sentence.

Some of our highlights:

I liked playing outside (Olivia)

I liked making the snakes (Maja)

I liked playing with the blocks (Ishaan)

I liked playing with my friends (Reesa)

I liked painting S (Georgia Rose)

We hope everyone has a lovely weekend and we look forward to learning more new things next week.