St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P2A Week Beginning 30th August 2021

Hello everyone!

Here are the learning highlights of the week from the Red Table:

Olivier liked drawing flowers during ‘Choosing Time’.

David loved when we wrote our name on God’s palms for our RE display.

Joe enjoyed handwriting when we revised how to form ‘c, a and d’ correctly.  He loved the station where he formed the letters using dot art.

Aiden S said his highlight was when we went to the woods and found Numicon 10 pieces hanging from branches.  We made piles of them and then used them for some maths games.

David K liked our Word Boost story ‘Who is at the Door?’ this week.  His favourite word boost words was ‘disguise’.

Zosia loved the lesson with Mrs Morrison during music.

My highlight has to have been the children’s excitement over the paint bags that Ollie and I made together for a handwriting station.  Some of them have glittery paint in them.  The children were so excited to use them and were careful not to squeeze them so they wouldn’t burst.  It was so tempting though as they were gooey and slimy and squishy inside! J

Thank you for all of your efforts with homework this week on Seesaw.  I hope everyone remembered how to use it ok after the summer break.  Please let me know if you are having any difficulties or need support to use this fantastic learning resource.

Have a good weekend!