Primary 1A Weekly Update 18th September 2020

This week we have been writing our numbers and letters on our new clipboards.  We also drew some pictures.

We have been working on our new sound ‘s’.  We had to listen for the sound at the beginning or the end.  In writing we wrote all about what Ogilvie Bear can see.  He was at the zoo.  We need to remember the full stop at the end.

This week we learned how to write 6 and 7 correctly. We need to keep practising.  We can show different ways of making 6 and 7 using our finger patterns.

In Science we learned about our sense of sight.  We learned about our eyes and some important words ‘pupil’ and ‘nerve’.  We know that the eyes have to work with our brain to see things the right way up.

In Outdoor Learning, we had a Scavenger Hunt to find things in the woodland.  Then we got to play with the mud kitchen.  We had woodland soup, salad and spaghetti.  Some people were playing with the sticks.

Here are some of our personal highlights:

Ollie – I liked going into the Woodland.

Minny-Lydi – I liked finding things.

Nathan – I liked playing with everybody.

Julia – I liked colouring in.

Ben – I liked the Scavenger Hunt.

Aiden G – I liked going to the Woodland.

Joseph – I liked drawing on the clip boards and the post it notes.