P6A AM Tasks – Monday 1st June

Good morning P6!  I can’t believe that we are already in June!  We would be starting to turn our focus to preparing for P7 if we were in school so some of the tasks that I set you might have this in mind.  Here are today’s tasks:

Task 1 – Numeracy and Maths

Start up task:  Take a look at the Daily Rigour problems and try to solve them!

The Daily Rigour 206 Worksheet

We are continuing to focus on line graphs this week.  Complete the TJ pages and I will share the answers later.

1st June Line Graphs sheet 1

1st June Line Graphs sheet 2

Task 2 – Literacy

If we were in school, we would be at the point of writing speeches to become the next Captain or Vice Captain of your house.  I’d like you to do that today as your writing task.  I really need as many of you as possible to upload or email your speech.  I am going to speak to Mrs McKissack and see if we can come up with a way to allow you to share these with the people in your houses so that we can still go ahead and select new House and Vice Captains for the start of the new school year.  I will share that information with you once I have it.

I have attached a powerpoint to give you some ideas about how to structure your speech and a planning template if you would like to use this to help you prepare.

House Captain Speech

Planning Sheet

Remember to upload your tasks to your Personal Learning blogs.  Have a good morning!