St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P3B Learning Highlights 6/12/19

This week in P3B during PE we showed Mrs Lafferty our best dancing. When we came in on Monday, we had a visitor in the classroom. Buster the Elf has been visiting us from the North Pole every day this week. In science we learned about nocturnal animals. We learned about advent and made kindness advent calendars. For writing we created an elf profile. For maths we had to solve The Mystery of the Missing Reindeer Bells by solving different problems to find clues. We also learned about the properties of different 3D shapes. For our topic we started learning about how Christmas is celebrated in different countries around the world. On Friday morning we learned how to draw The Christmasaurus!

Our Learning Highlights:

“I liked when we were doing our best best dancing. We learned how to do different dances for our Christmas party. We can do these dances at a ceilidh” – Aeryn

“I enjoyed doing dances to the times tables. My favourite is the 10 times table” – Amelia

“I enjoyed doing the elf profile because it was about elves and those are my favourite Christmas things. We wrote about the appearance and what it liked and what it dislikes.” – Jayden

“I liked when we looked at people who lived in different countries and Christmas around the world. I liked learning about France.” – Sophie-Leigh

“I learned times tables. My favourite one is probably the 5 times table. I can use groups to help me.” – Jamie

“I liked when we were learning about bats in science. I learned that there were different kinds of bats one called a fruit bat and one called a vampire bat. There are only 3 vampire bats in the world.” – Gracie

“I liked signing songs in sign language.” – Vivien