Week Beginning 4.11.19

P1B highlights:

Daniel – “I liked drawing my monster.”  The children drew their own monster after listening to The Gruffalo story again.  The focus was on listening for adjectives such as purple prickles, orange eyes and knobbly knees.  They then created their own monsters using adjectives to describe them.  Next week we will use the app ChatterPix to make our monsters talk!   We are very excited about that.

Alexa – “I liked when we put our foot in the paint.  It was gooey.”  Mrs Devlin saw a great idea on Pinterest to recreate the Gruffalo and Mouse characters.  Who was going to provide the larger footprint for the Gruffalo?  Why, our P7 Buddies of course!  So each morning this week, a handful of Buddies came to our classroom and with their P1 friend, they put their foot in brown paint and printed a footprint shape on coloured paper of their choice.  The finished pieces will look so fantastic!  Watch this space!

DaisyDee – “I liked writing my Grandpa’s name.”  DaisyDee wanted to do something special for her Grandpa in Heaven and wrote his name on a pink piece of paper.  We think he would like that very much.

Freya – “I loved making the fireworks pictures with the glitter paint.”  With it being Bonfire Night this week, we used fluorescent colours and sparkly paint to create a night sky bursting with colours.  Beautiful!

Mrs Devlin: The highlight of my week was listening to the children sing the songs they have been learning for our Nativity Show.  They looked so angelic today singing them with their hands joined that I started to tear up!