Primary 7 elect new Prime Minister!

Learning Intention:  We are learning to identify how an election works, including new associated vocabulary.

Success criteria:

• I can run and organise an event with team members.
  • I can promote the beliefs and values of a political party.
  • I can use persuasive language and propaganda.
  • I can show my understanding of democracy through participation in a vote

As part of our learning in IDL, finalising from this term, we have been learning about democracy and how voting systems work.  We had a very successful visit to the Scottish Parliament where we could see politics in practice….listening to a live debate was very very interesting.

This week we asked all members of our class to present their individual manifestos and candidates who wished to run for Prime Minister, were put to our vote.

After the votes were counted and verified, NOAH AITKEN has this morning been announced as our class Prime Minister.  Well done to Noah for this achievement but also to all pupils who presented some very successful manifestos.

During reflection time, pupils described their experiences…

Charlie – “I was torn between two candidates – the one who was your friend and the one you thought would do a good job.”

Noah – “I was nervous because I didn’t know who to vote for.”

Keira – “It was a scary experience because you knew that one vote could change the whole thing.”

Greigor- “You were under pressure to choose between two people and make your decision.”

Reece- “It was nerve-wracking making that kind of decision.”